Monday, June 26, 2006

Why do you talk so much?

As HH had said in his latest post, we spent some time with some of our crazy friends this past Saturday night. Actually, I should say our friends & one of our crazy friends wife. Let me give you a brief description of this chick: She talks...ALOT. The kind of person that you just nod your head in conversation, because she's too busy talking about her ex boyfriend, or fishing to let me get a word in. First of all, who talks about ex-bf's in front of their husbands, let alone talk about them at all? And secondly, I don't give a shit about walleye's, croppies, & fishing. I hate fish. I hate fishing. I don't eat anything that comes out of water.

I put on smile, and I must admit I was pretty proud of myself for not asking her to shut the hell up. My whole mood lightened up once a few of our other friends arrived. Finally, someone else to talk to! And as HH had mentioned, he got drunk...really drunk. For the most part it was funny, I know he was just having a great time. I think he was just celebrating that he's having a son:)

Speaking of our soon to be sson, we bought our crib & changing table last night. Nick, I mean HH put it all together by himself ( I think I was in the way:)) as I played around with one of those baby heart monitors. I always thought they were super expensive, but we picked one up for $20 at Target. We didn't hear Braeden's heartbeat, but according to the package, you *might* be able to hear it around 21 weeks, I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. So we'll just keep trying. We'll post some pics, once we take them!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Braeden?? will that be his name? I LOVE IT! Also, I had one of those moniter things.... and it was soo hard to hear anything until like 35 weeks then I could pick something up!!! I hope in your case it is different!!!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger b said...

Love the name! And I never had any luck with the home moniter. Not to say you won't, but don't worry if you don't hear anything resembling a heartbeat.

7:03 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

"I don't eat anything that comes out of water."

You've made my day. I use those EXACT words when I tell people that I refuse to eat anything that comes out of the water. Just thinking about it makes me feel ill... the smell... the look... Ugh. I better quit while I'm ahead before I make myself sick.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Nick and Amy said...

I'll keep trying the monitor thing, but I'm glad you guys told me it's possible it won't work. I probably would've gotten a little worried after a while! So Thank you.
And AJ- it all makes me feel ill too!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home