Thursday, August 10, 2006

My boss has been bugging the shit out of me (more than normal) so needless to say I bought myself a some Dilly Bars from DQ to brighten my day...they worked:) I've also scheduled a hair appt for tomorrow afternoon, so I think that will bring me out of my funk.
Braeden has been kicking like crazy everyday, and I swear I felt a karate kick to the ribs this morning. It's so cool, and the movement seems to be getting stronger with each passing day:) It's hard to believe that next week I'll be starting my 3rd Trimester....

We have this nightly ritual where we watch DOOL, then HH sets up his online poker game & I proceed to watch a few episodes of TLC's, A Baby Story. In the beginning, I used to watch it when HH wasn't around because I knew I was going to cry like crazy when the baby was born. Then he'd come home & wonder what the hell was wrong with me. Now he watches it with me & sometimes I hold my tears in, but the majority of the time I just use it as a training tool.

We've decided not to take any birthing classes, so we're learning as much as I can in other ways. So far, I've learned:

1. It's gonna hurt
2. Drugs are good
3. It's gonna hurt
4. It's hard to tell false labor from real labor...
5. I don't want 30 people in the room yelling at me to push
6. I can learn all the breathing techniques until I turn blue in the face, but when you're in active labor, you might forget everything you've learned & panic
7. I don't want to panic
8. I want to be as calm as possible (hahahaha... yeah right)
9. I don't want to be a screamer or swear...
10. I don't want anyone touching or rubbing me besides my husband. (HH-I'll kindly let you know if I want you to stop touching me.)
11. I have no idea what to expect
12. Did I mention I have no problem asking for drugs?
13. You forget all about the pain, once you hold your baby for the first time

This list may seem like I'm nervous, but so far I'm not. We will just educate ourselves on everything possible, and take it as it comes. Of course we have no idea how or when it will happen or how I'm going to react, but as of right now, I am just looking forward to meeting our little guy. I feel like I'm as ready as I'll ever be....but I've got a few more months to wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick and Amy said...

I loved your story! You definately are a strong chick! I would have to say my biggest worry is knowing when you should go to the hospital, like you said you don't want to be the one they send home 5 times!

From watching those baby shows, it seems like I should ask for an epidural early on when I start feeling uncomfortable, apparently it takes them a while to set up & get to your room.

But I really appreciate the tip on focusing on what you need to do & to tune everyone else out. I think that will be the best way to handle things. Thanks!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger b said...

Drugs are great!!!!

However, 1 in 100 (or 1,000 I can't remember) women have an adverse reaction to the epidural. M sister was one of them. She had a migraine like one she'd never experienced before. It lasted until after she came home from the hospital, which was reall tough for her.

I'm only sharing that b/c that is one of the things they tell you about in the birthing class, but I don't think they ever show that on a baby story.

btw, my sis is having another baby, and will opt for the drugs again. Hopefully she won't be a statistic again!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home