Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Shower

My baby shower couldn't have been more perfect, my family & friends rock! It was pretty laid back, no goofy baby games, but tons of food, wine & great conversation. I spent most of yesterday putting all of our thoughtful gifts away, so the nursery actually is coming along nicely. I didn't realize that some of the outfits we received are outfits, I thought they were all sleepers...My sister had to explain that to me. We've got so much to learn!

My belly is getting huge and it's reaching it's limit before it starts stretching. I've been using cocoa butter & lotion, but I have no idea if that will prevent stretch marks or not. Some say it does, some say it's an old wives tail. Either way, it's fun to rub my belly. I'm sure once I'm not pregnant, I may miss it, but I'm at the point now where I just want to have this baby. Granted it's only a few months away, but I just feel so limited at what I can do.

It's a pain in the ass to shave my legs, and as for my bikini line...it's just a guessing game. It's getting harder to find a comfortable sleeping position, I just flip from side to side every 20 minutes. My back & feet hurt. I know it soundz like I'm complaining, however I'm just stating some simple facts that I'm sure anyone who has been pregnant would understand.

I know that all of it is worth it, so I'll just grin & bear it. I'm hoping my Yoga will start helping with a lot of it, I'll be back on my Yoga kick tonite. My doctor appt. went really well on Friday, so now we meet our delivery doctor in 3 weeks. My belly & weight is measuring where it should be for 28 weeks & I've gained just over 20 lbs. Although after this weekend, I probably gained 2o more.

Speaking of food...I'm off to make some PB toast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home