Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm Back

It's amazing how much joy a baby can bring into your life. It's also amazing how fast you fall in love with your new life. I completely embrace motherhood & wonder how we became so lucky to have such a healthy pregnancy, a relatively easy labor (still hurt like a mutha%&@) and now we've been blessed with the coolest baby ever.

I smile so much more now, and I love just watching HH with him. He's an extremely loving daddy and husband, and there's nothing sweeter than watching a dad with his baby. (I'm not giving you permission HH, to try & pick up chicks with Braeden:))

Our little guy is almost 7 weeks, which means I had my checkup last week, here's my conversation with my doctor:

DOC: Have you had sex yet?
ME: Yes, and it was great!
(Doc gives me an odd look)

Of course I meant that everything seemed to be in working order. I then spent the next 20 seconds trying to stutter my way through my explanation. I'm not sure, but I think I was blushing.

I'm now at the stage where any extra weight that hadn't melted off in the first weeks, I now have to work extra hard to lose. I think I'm starting South Beach for New Year's. Of course I'll bend the rules a bit and make my own version, so that I can enjoy a nice frosty mug-o-beer. MMMM. I love beer, and I have missed it so.

I've also been back to work since a week after Braeden was born. (Please no one yell at me, my family & friends have already done that.) I've only been working part-time, but my boss just depends on me too much to make that place run. I didn't mean for that to sound conceited, I just know I have a lot of work cut out for me when I go back fulltime. I think at one time, I said I wouldn't bitch about work...so I'm over it.

We're going gambling this weekend to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday, so keep your fingers crossed that we win big, momma needs a new pair of shoes.

I feel like I could write forever since it's been a long time since my last post, but I won't. I can't say if I'll write again soon, I'm sure you all understand how much time goes into being a parent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home