Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's been a while...

I haven't been keeping up with this whole blogging thing as much as I had hoped, so I apologise. I have a few more weeks left of school, so my life will settle a little bit after that. This past week, a good friend of mine was admitted to the hospital because her water broke. The problem is, she's only 17 weeks pregnant. She just learned that she will have to spend the next 7-8 weeks lying in a hospital bed, and then she will be transferred to another hospital so that she can deliver at 25 weeks. She's being as optimistic as possible, and I'm really proud of her for that.

Her first son was born at 25 weeks, and although he has quite a few problems with his health to this day, he is quite the little funny guy. Hot Husband & I had him overnight last week, and we're going to have him once a week until they get thru this whole ordeal.

Apparently the doctor had told her, either an infection or possibly the baby's toenail had caused a tear, which made her water break. It's so scary to think something like that is possible. I am a firm believer in the fact that things happen, good or bad, for a reason. Maybe this is just her way of getting an extended vacation from work:)

I'm now entering my 12th week of pregnancy, and I'm finally not too nauseous anymore. I noticed I get dizzy more often, and I'm starting to show...of course i just look like I'm gaining weight, and not pregnant. But I'm sure all you mothers out there, remember the same awkward feeling of all your clothes feeling quite a bit tighter than normal.

Because of that, Hot Husband & I went shopping for some new clothes today. And shop we did! We spent over $200 on clothes, but I'm very happy with what we got. Most of it, isn't even maternity, because around here, they make the ugliest maternity clothes. I figure in the next few weeks, I'm going to have to buy some new pants anyways, so I'll hit a bigger city then.

I also found out another good friend of mine is pregnant...only the father isn't someone she's dating, or even interested in for that matter. Don't ask, I don't know. Just a crazy fact, I thought I'd share.

I am starting to think with all the crazy stuff happening lately, that Day's of Our Lives has nothing on us. I should just start writing my own soap opera. No idea what I'd call it, but it would keep you pretty entertained. I just have to have the time to write about it all.

Anyways, we go on Friday to listen to our baby's heartbeat, so we are really looking forward to that! We have to finish that ceiling in the nursery, and we are ordering new carpet this week, so next on our list is nursery furniture. Although, finding what we want is not as easy as you would think. We looking for a white crib & changing table, but every one that we look at is so made so generically. It looks like the wood would chip so easily, and they aren't very nice looking. Guess that means we're taking a road trip in the next few months:)

5 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Best wishes for your friend. Hopefully everything will be fine and that it'll all work out!

I'm sure you'll be able to find some stylin' mat clothes. For myself, living in a large city, there are a lot of options and none of my pregnant friends ever looked frumpy. Good luck with your search!

12:45 PM  
Blogger b said...

Life doesn't get much better than listening to the heartbeat of your baby. It's truly one of the coolest experiences one can have.

The "fat" stage of pregnancy sucks. Soon enough you'll have the true pregnant belly.

Sounds like things are going really well for you guys. I'm happy for you.

-b

3:16 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Best wishes for both you and your friend.
Also, I am happy to hear that your life is more exciting/happening/better than Days of Our Lives. Soaps, which I love, are guilty of repeating the same plot over and over. So it's nice that you and your circle are experiencing something new.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Nick and Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by, and all the well wishes!
aj: Thanks for the best wishes:)

b: I'd have to agree in calling it the "fat" stage of pregnancy...and yes it sucks!

dinah: There's never a dull moment around here!

4:10 PM  
Blogger B said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels like my life is more exciting than DOOL....

ps: Rumor has it that Target has cute maternity clothes according to my cousin who is having the same problem (finding clothes that aren't hideous) that you are :)

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home