Thursday, April 27, 2006

Heartbeat....Looking for a heartbeat....

Do you all have that really gay Don Johnson song in your head now? That was my goal, since it's been stuck in my head all night.

So my doctor is out sick and my long-awaited appointment has been cancelled. I had to giggle at the Hot Husband, because once we heard the news, I broke down & started crying. I was sooo looking forward to hearing the heartbeat, and now I have to wait another week.....

That's how I was feeling on Tuesday....but I wasn't going to let it get me down, especially when my dear friend is in the hospital and has that magic wand looking dopplar instrument in her room. So we gobbed on some jelly, and away we went looking for the heart. It took a while to find, but then all of a sudden the monitor had registered around 140, so we knew it had to be the baby. The sweet sound of my baby's heart. Of course I choked up for a nano-second, but it was simply the craziest feeling ever. I'm definately feeling pregnant now:)

And my latest craving is hot dogs, brats, Captain Crunch (w/berries) & orange soda (not combined of course!) but one or the other will do. I used to love Taco Hell, but since my last trip there, I just can't think about it. Which really sux for the Hot Husband, because he digs it quite a bit.

We're also working on the nursery this weekend, I'm going to finish painting my tree, & the guys will finish the ceiling, and get it ready to have carpet installed in the next few weeks. I will post pics once Hot Husband shows me how to. I always say I'll put pics on soon, but sorry folks, I'm just not capable of figuring out how to do it on my own!

2 Comments:

Blogger b said...

I love that you used the machine yourselves! That will be a great story to share with your child.

As for the cravings, look into the hot dogs. I vaguely remember being told not to eat them while pregnant.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Nick and Amy said...

b: thanx for the tip on the hot dogs. I looked it up on the internet, & I have a feeling I will never eat another one in my life! Yuck!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home